America's Christian Foundation & Our Continuing Responsibility
Click Here to Add a Title
UPDATE 12.17.2018 See the new Information and the List of Chapters HERE.
Discernment, Altruism, Intelligence, Experience, Knowledge
"We should all use our God Given Talents, Experiences, and Gifts to benefit everyone." - Phil
(Updated Weekly. Includes Twitter Images, Facebook, and Website)
VISITORS SINCE 01012018:
There is no Statute of Limitations on Correcting Injustice !
To a great extent, hasn't American Politics, Business & Government become
much less about Justice, Honesty, Integrity, Right, Honor, Fairness . . .
and more about Power, Wealth, Influence, Greed & Selfishness?
He who has the GOLD makes the RULES?
This page was last UPDATED on 12/17/2018.
Click Here to Add a Title
NOTHING IN THIS BOOK OR WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO GIVE,
OR SHOULD BE INTERPRETED AS, LEGAL ADVICE
NOTE: This page is not yet complete, has NOT been made public, and is not included in the MENU of pages above. The purpose of informing the parties mentioned herein is to allow them to respond should they choose to. Their responses may or may not be used in the book or on this page once completed. The book will go to print in early 2019 regardless of any responses or lack thereof.
From the book “Ameritianity” by Phil Morris, Chapter 4, “Texas Injustice”
Thank you for your support every day, every week …
… every month, every quarter, every year.
In most states, the Security Industry is regulated in order to keep criminals out of the business of dealing with customers security systems. ADT however developed a plan, "ADT Pays.com," by which anyone could benefit by convincing people to purchase security from ADT. This system violated law since it allowed those who did not qualify due to criminal backgrounds to be compensated for essentially "selling" security systems.
ADT & Protection One Security, both purchased by Apollo Global, a company HQ in Spain, used False Advertising in that they advertised that their companies would give away hundreds or even thousands of dollars in Security Equipment. This was not true. What the companies actually did was to not charge up front for equipment but they then INCREASED THE MONTHLY MONITORING FEES which meant customers WERE actually PAYING for the "FREE EQUIPMENT." Many ADT licensed DEALERS also do this and these same offers are made by TELEMARKETERS.
As a Licensed Qualified Manager, Phil was prohibited from ignoring unethical or
illegal conduct or actions by ADT, Protection One, TYCO, or Apollo Global.
SUBCHAPTER B PROHIBITIONS
RULE §35.12 Permitting or Allowing Violations
Any person who has applied for or been issued a license, registration, security
officer commission, instructor approval, school approval, or letter of
authority, shall not knowingly permit or allow any person to violate a provision
of the Act, rule, or any criminal statute.
Licensing and Registration Service
Private Security Administrative Rules
In short, this is the "SECURITY INDUSTRY" for crying out loud!!
You can't operate illegally or unethically in the "SECURITY INDUSTRY."
What part of this does ADT not understand?
Ameritianity: Chapter 4 - Sub-Chapter 2
Apollo Global, ADT, TYCO, and Protection One
So you want some specifics? These took place in Texas ADT & Protection One offices.
( NOTE!! This page was last UPDATED on 12/17/18. Links to documents are in BLUE and UNDERLINED)
1. An applicant. Phil Morris, for a sales position met with Michelle who informed the applicant that she felt there was too great an age difference between her, as manager, and him, as subordinate, so she refused to hire the highly qualified applicant. AGE DISCRIMINATION
1.1. The applicant later went to work in the CORE division at ADT where he had no experience. CORE Salespersons are assigned AREAS / TERRITORIES in which they get all the calls / leads for new business & add-on sales to current ADT / TYCO customers. These sales account for 50% - 100% of their sales / income. There were 18+ Salespersons in the office, all with built-in customers and daily leads. One Salesperson did not get a territory and never got any company leads … that was Phil. Phil had to "SELF-GEN" all of his sales while his "QUOTA" was the same as most other employees who were handed most of their sales via leads. This is another tactic used by ADT to get employees to resign. It appears that Phil was placed in this position to cover-up the AGE DISCRIMINATION of refusing to hire him for the Small Business position he had applied for . . . and the CORE position was "designed to fail."
2. Seasoned sales people, when they knew they were violating laws or policy, spoke of providing "PLAUSABLE DENIABILITY" for their manager, in an open sales meeting, apparently assuming everyone there was as dishonest as they were..
3. ADT required their employees to take an online study and test about company policy regarding ethics & harassment. Management had two people study & take the test and pass the answers on to other employees so they would not have to study and learn the material. This included telling certain employees to intentionally miss a couple questions to fool the company. YEP!! They actually cheated on the ethics exam.
4. Managers routinely would WHITE-OUT information on applications / contracts. They would make a FAXED form look like an original, scan it into the system, and destroy the original.
5. A sales manager transferred from Nevada to Dallas and immediately went to work in violation of Texas licensing regulations. No license for months. In Texas, if you are not currently licensed in Texas, you have FOUR DAYS to submit your application, background, and finger prints. This guy worked for months in violation of Texas law. Mr. Wulforst started to work for Protection One in December, 2015 but was not properly licensed until April 21, 2016. Below is the evidence. Phil & Wulforst met on 2.12.16 about all the Code & Statutes Violations taking place in the office. Phil provided him and Morphew a list of specific deficiencies taking place in the Coppell, Texas office. He continued to work by managing and meeting with customers and future customers even after being informed of the exact Rules, Code, and Statutes he was violating but he did not seem to take it seriously. Phil could not continue to report to an individual who was known to be working illegally. Protection One's V.P. of the South Region, Robert Kerr, was also notified by EMAIL of everything Phil notified Wulforst & Morphew about. Phil actually interviewed with Kerr in Dallas prior to being hired and Kerr knew Phil held the QM License and Phil offered to work as the QM in the office. Kerr also failed to respond at anytime . . . and is today a VP of ADT. Phil, resigned on 2.15.16 under Constructive Discharge.
Many former employees of ADT, Protection One, and TYCO have been told about the book and have made statements that will appear in the book and on this site after publication. It is amazing how many quality, productive, valuable employees these companies have lost in the past due to some of the very situations described herein. Additionally, others who have not come forward but who have knowledge of ADT's lapses in Ethics, Morality, and Legal Compliance include:
Some don't take "SUBCHAPTER B PROHIBITIONS RULE §35.12 Permitting or Allowing Violations" very seriously do they?
Of course, we know why more employees don't come forward . . . they want to keep their jobs and income for their families.
EXAMPLE: After leaving the Carrollton, TX office, Phil interviewed with Mr. Jim Stofer & applied for a position at Simplex-Grinnell (TYCO). Stofer indicated that he would welcome Phil and offered the position. After Mr. Stofer spoke with Rick Carroll, Phil's previous manager, the job offer was withdrawn. Most memorable moments working for Mr. Carroll: (1) When he said the #1 trait he looks for in a Salesperson is "GREED" (2) When Phil handed him a FAXED in contract and Rick "WHITED-OUT" the borders to make it look like an original and instructed Phil to go scan it into the system as an original (3) When Phil told Rick that Michelle had just refused to hire Phil in small business because he was too old for her and Rick did nothing (4) When Rick told Phil "I know where all the skeletons are buried at ADT / TYCO and I can get anything done that I want done."
6. Sales people were instructed on how to fool customers into thinking the contracts 90% cancellation provision did not really mean what it said. The objective was to get customers into a 60 month contract instead of a 36 month contract. The SCAM was to offer to lower the early termination charge from 90% to 60%, then tell the customer that it means that if they keep the service for 36 of the 60 months (60% of the term), since they paid for 60% of the term, there would be no early termination charges. What it actually meant was that if you kept the service for 36 months, you would still have to pay 60% of the balance of the term to terminate the service. Managements response: "The customers will never know it and won't remember what you told them in 36 months anyway." How many customers terminated contracts after 36 months only to find that they still owed ADT money … and ADT will collect it.
7. An office had no required "Qualified Manager" who was responsible for insuring that the State Regulations were carried out. So, they weren't. When confronted with this fact, management replied that ADT / Protection One decides who a "Qualified Manager" in the office is. The manager didn't even realize that a "Qualified Manager" in Texas is not someone the company just "says" is the manager. Of course he also did not even have a salespersons license at the time …. but he was managing an office of 30+ employees. A "Qualified Manager" is an employee of the company who has studied for the QM test, passed the QM test, is issued a QM license designation, and is held accountable by the State Regulators for the company being in COMPLIANCE with rules and regulations a manager would likely not even be aware of were he not a "QUALIFIED MANAGED." Phil is a …
Certified Qualified Manager. (DOCUMENT)
Here is the material covered by the QM test. Does ADT even know about this?
It is unfortunate that ADT / P1 were not interested in taking advantage of Phil's experience, knowledge, training, expertise, and CERTIFICATION as a QM.
8. Employees, when told there was an investigation coming, were individually met with by the manager being investigated and advised of "how to keep your job." PROOF? There are audio tapes.
9. The security company routinely substituted cheaper CCTV equipment on installations to increase profit margin.
10. When the security company was using sub-contractors to do installations, the company failed to disclose this according to State rules and at times would give sub-contractors ADT company shirts to wear in order to fool customers into believing they were actual employees of the company.
11. The security company had a program whereby anyone could become a "Lead Generator" for ADT and be compensated just like an employee . . .
ADTpays.com. These people could therefore essentially be in the security industry … even if they could not pass the background investigation. They were sometimes actually "assigned" to a specific salesperson and taught how to convince the public to use ADT.
12. ADT & Protection routinely ran ads stating that they were giving away hundreds of dollars worth of "FREE EQUIPMENT" when in reality, in general, they increased the customers monthly monitoring fees to cover the cost of the "FREE" equipment. Often the actual contract would even state that the customer never owns the equipment … which they were given for "FREE."
13. Managers and employees would routinely sign or initial parts of contracts / agreements that were not properly done, rather than go back to the customer for the proper signature.
14. After bringing all of these violations and ethics to the attention of ADT & Apollo Global, ADT was unwilling to find a position within the company for Phil. It would appear that ADT does not want honest, ethical employees in the company. ADT did make some changes to the way they were doing business. No telling how many MILLIONS of dollars were saved in law suits and fines that were prevented by the actions of the...
… But, no room in the company and no compensation for his efforts and contributions.
15. Other unethical conduct brought to the attention of ADT are:
(1) ADT had a program by which they provided a guarantee of income above the base salary for newly hired salespeople. For example, if a new hire did not generate $2,000 in commission income in a month, the company would just pay the new employee the additional $2,000. But, local managers had a better idea. Since ADT would give the new person the $2,000 anyway, if the salesperson did not make at least the $2,000, let's just say he didn't produce any new business, give the new business he did produce to another salesperson in the office who was behind in his production, and the person the production was given to can reimburse some of the money back to the new guy under the table. Problem is it is not reported properly to the IRS, distorts what ADT thinks their new hires are actually producing, and makes it look like a failing employee is succeeding.
(2) ADT measures the success an employee is having based on their activity, and they build models based on the statistics they accumulate. They measure calls made, appointments set, proposals made, presentations made, and sales resulting from that activity. The whole thing falls apart thought if the stats are not real. For example, if a salesperson is asked by managers to show that a proposal and presentation was made for CCTV every time a meeting is held for a burglary alarm system proposal knowing there is no chance of there really being a CCTV sale, the stats go out the window. The stats look like it takes more proposals to result in a sale than it actually takes. It will also appear that it takes more contacts to generate a sale but fewer contacts to generate a proposal. Ultimately, the accumulated statistics are meaningless.
(3) ADT was provided valuable information by an employee of the company regarding the ...
… and Age Discrimination. The employee requested that ADT find another position for the employee. ADT refused.
(4) When an employee is being forced to work in an environment where illegal activity and unethical conduct is taking place, and he must therefore resign under the pressure to avoid being seen as condoning such behavior, that is called …
… Private Security Bureau of Texas Rules and Regulations prohibit a licensed Qualified Manager from remaining silent if he is aware of violations of the CODE and STATUTES. A QM could lose his license and be fined for failing to report such activities.
(5) Mr. Howard Wulforst was a manager in Coppell, Texas for P1 who was working as a Sales Manager, meeting with customers, leading sales meetings, etc., without a license to be doing so in Texas. Juliet Morphew (appears to not be currently licensed in Texas) was the Commercial Sales Manager at the same time, held a QM license, but was NOT the QM for the Coppell office. She should, however have reported the known violations. Instead, her comment to Phil was "P1 is a big company, they have people who take care of things like that, you just need to concentrate on making sales."
(6) In Texas, the occupation of "Security Consultant" is a separate LICENSE from others like Salesperson. The requirements to be a "Security Consultant" are different and more stringent. Additionally, to BE a "Security Consultant" one must be employed by a Security Company that has the added DESIGNATION of "Security Consultant Company." ADT, TYCO, & Protection One do not have the license designation and endorsement as "Security Consultant Company" and because of the way they operate would never be a "Security Consultant Company." Yet, …
ADT & PI (DOCUMENT)
… have both at times indicated that their Salespeople were "Security Consultants" thus violating Texas Code and misrepresenting themselves to the public. Document SC#2 below shows two examples of Protection One Business Cards falsely portraying Salespeople as "Security Consultants." Juliet Morphew was the Commercial Sales Manager whose license in Texas indicates that she had passed the QM test and should have known about all the violations being made in the office . . . but seemed to not be interested. Robert Kerr, P1 V.P. South Region, was also informed of all the problems in the Texas office but never responded to Phil's notifications. Phil's company, founded in 2013, WAS a "Security Consultant Company" as indicated on his company license shown here, and Phil was a properly licensed …
TEXAS OCCUPATION CODE Sec. 1702.1045. PRIVATE SECURITY CONSULTING COMPANY
A person acts as a private security consulting company for purposes of this chapter if the person:
(1) consults, advises, trains, or specifies or recommends products, services, methods, or procedures in the security or loss prevention industry;
(2) provides a service described by Subdivision (1) on an independent basis and without being affiliated with a particular service (that eliminates ADT or Protection One) or product; and
(3) meets the experience requirements established by the board.
From the "YOU CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP" files:
(7) Phil went to work for ADT the second time in 2011. He had also worked for ADT in 2005. What happened there? Phil was the #1 or #2 producer in the Small Business Unit of ADT in Fort Worth, Texas from the first month. Several managers and VP's came to town for a meeting. One was interested in how Phil could be a leading producer from day one. He gave Phil his business card and asked Phil to contact him if he had any ideas about how ADT could increase production. Phil created a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION and a marketing plan he devised called "ADTargets." Phil sent the suggestion to the VP in Boca and to Manny Esmail, the Small Biz manager. Phil was out on a sales call when Manny called him and said to "drop whatever you are doing and return to the office immediately." When Phil got to the office, Phil was called into a meeting with Manny and Manny's boss. Phil was there to be reprimanded / "Written-Up" for insubordination for contacting the VP directly . . . which Phil had been invited to do. The managers accused Phil of trying to take their jobs. Phil refused to sign their form. It would be interesting to know if they forged Phil's signature to that document … since there is a history of forgery at ADT.
A few months later, Phil began medical treatment for a tumor in his jaw. While under treatment he was unable to drive or work. Manny was informed of this. After a couple weeks, Manny called Phil and told him that his lack of production was messing up Manny's production numbers so he was terminating Phil from employment with ADT! No mention of disability benefits, no contact by HR. Just …. you're fired because you aren't working because you are being treated for a tumor. Just a little proof that what happened in the Dallas office is not an isolated incident for ADT. Also an Illegal Termination. This production and income in Small Business, highlighting Phil's effectiveness & success and value to ADT, is exactly why Phil had applied to work in Small Business in Dallas, where he was denied the position because of his age.
A couple interesting "Marketing Plans" in the Fort Worth SB office were (1) Sales Reps were expected to spend a couple hours a week going on other companies online "Feedback Sites" and make fake complaints about the service provided by the competition. (2) Small business reps were expected to find a couple CORE prospects while working their territory . . . for FREE!
Examples of Phil's Production in 2005 with ADT (DOCUMENT) Why would a company fire this guy? Because he wouldn't compromise on Ethics, Morality, and Legality.
The above applied to ADT & Protection One, which were both acquired by Apollo Global and are now ADT, and ADT which became TYCO which became Johnson Controls. These violations were reported to Apollo Global, who never responded, and the Private Security Bureau of Texas, which initially responded that they had received the information but they did not respond with the information about the outcome of the investigation. In a phone call with the Bureau, an employee stated that "we are not interested in punishment but only care about bringing our companies into compliance." Why weren't they already in compliance? Why did it take an employee of the companies to bring all these violations to light?
NOTE: This information has been provided by a former employee who had actually worked for ADT/TYCO twice and Protection One twice as well. The sad thing is that it is not really that difficult to "JUST DO THE RIGHT THING!"
ADT & Protection One routinely violated regulations pertaining to the Sales of Fire Alarm Systems. Security Sales People with no license for the sale of Fire Systems handled these sales from start to finish without being under the supervision of a Licensed Fire Planner and NEVER received the required annual training.
Texas Insurance Code Chapter 6002 (formerly Article 5.43-2) Fire Detection and Alarm Device Installation and 28 TAC §§ 34.600 The Fire Alarm Rules
§34.616. Sales, Installation, and Service.
(a) Residential alarm (single station).
(1) Registered firms may employ persons exempt from the licensing provisions of Insurance Code §6002.155(10) to sell, install, and service residential, single station alarms. Exempted persons must be under the summer 2016 TIC Chapter 6002 and Fire Alarm Rules State Fire Marshal’s Office Page 21 of 33 supervision of a residential fire alarm superintendent (single station), residential fire alarm superintendent, or fire alarm planning superintendent.
(2) Each registered firm that employs persons exempt from licensing provisions of Insurance Code §6002.155(10) is required to maintain documentation to include lesson plans and annual test results demonstrating competency of those employees regarding the provisions of Insurance Code Chapter 6002, adopted standards, and this subchapter applicable to single station devices.
(b) Fire detection and fire alarm devices or systems other than residential single station. (1) The installation of all fire detection and fire alarm devices or systems, including monitoring equipment, subject to Insurance Code Chapter 6002 must be performed by or under the direct on -site supervision of a licensed fire alarm technician, residential fire alarm technician, residential fire alarm superintendent, or a fire alarm planning superintendent for the work permitted by the license. The licensee responsible for the planning of all fire detection and fire alarm devices or systems, including monitoring equipment subject to Insurance Code Chapter 6002, must be licensed under the ACR number of the primary licensed firm. The certifying licensee must be licensed under the ACR number of the primary registered firm and must be present for the final acceptance test prior to certification. (2) The maintenance or servicing of all fire detection and fire alarm devices or systems must be performed by or under the direct on-site supervision of a licensed fire alarm technician, residential fire alarm technician, residential fire alarm superintendent or a fire alarm planning superintendent, for the work permitted by the license. The certifying licensee must be licensed under the ACR number of the primary registered firm .
(3) If the installation or servicing of a fire alarm system also includes installation or servicing of an y part of a fire protection sprinkler system or a fire extinguisher system other than inspection and testing of detection or supervisory devices, the licensing requirements of Insurance Code Chapters 6001 and 6003 must be satisfied, as appropriate.
(4) The planning, installation, and servicing of fire detection or fire alarm devices or systems, including monitoring equipment, must be performed in accordance with standards adopted in §34.607 of this title (relating to Adopted Standards) except when the planning and installation complies with a more recent edition of the standard that been adopted by the political subdivision in which the system is installed .
Click Here to Add a Title
The following statement appears on ADT's ONLINE ETHICS REPORTING SITE. Turns out, even this is not true. SEE IT
"OUR POLICY OF NO RETALIATION:
We respect the confidentiality of associates who report business conduct violations. No retaliation means that if you report a concern in good faith, you cannot be subject to any adverse employment action including separation, demotion, suspension or loss of benefits because of the report."
REMEMBER: The ADT of today is what was ADT, Protection1, and ASG until recently.
Despite all the confirmed evidence of Age Discrimination by ADT toward a Disabled Veteran (we know ADT knows it happened because ADT fired the manager, Michelle in the Carrollton TX office, that did it . . . about a year later), despite all the evidence of a Hostile Work Environment, despite the Wrongful Termination while unable to work due to medical treatments for a tumor, there was never an apology, never a different job offer, ZERO compensation. Just another Multi-Billion-Dollar Company that gets away with all they can. We doubt that we will ever hear from ADT or TYCO (now Johnson Controls) about these issues. Makes one wonder what their Ethics Departments even do . . . other than seek to provide cover for their unethical, often illegal, activities.
We have concluded that ADT conducts an orchestrated PR campaign of setting up visible "ETHICS OBJECTIVES & GOALS" to present ADT to the public as a highly ethical and law abiding company that can be trusted with the public's SECURITY . . . but at the lower Management and Front Line Sales Positions, all that matters is production, no matter how you get it. Loyalty to ADT is being an employee who is willing to compromise on legal, ethical and moral values "for the financial good of the company." And those at the TOP know it.
Is it more than just a pretty BROCHURE? (SEE IT)
Once an injustice like this comes to light, what should be done by the Billion-Dollar Corporations, when faced with the reality that they have broken the rules of Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, and Morality, even Legality, . . . but they know that they have the Power or Authority to prevent such a failure from being dealt with. . . especially when it will "Cost" them "Money or Image?"
The SOLUTION to this Moral, Ethical, and Legal Crisis in America is for Americans to Standup Up and Speak Out about these issues, and SUPPORT those who do, become AWARE of who the culprits are, DEMAND that these actions cease, and STOP supporting those who share in the responsibility of this dangerous DECLINE in America.
The best way to help us in our efforts is to buy the new book, get a couple for your unsuspecting friends and co-workers, and stop doing business with companies that act this way. One Insurance Company and one Electric company has recently made amends for their past wrong doings and we will not now be disclosing their activities.
That is our goal . . . "JUST FIX IT !!"
"Ameritianity" the Book is almost finished. Over 252,000 have been Pre-Ordered. Earnings from the book and settlements from companies wishing to make amends for past "oversights" will enable us to continue to seek justice in business & government, and to fund our efforts at assisting our fellow Veterans in their time of need.
We know it's working. Our writings, research, and interpretations have been used verbatim in testimony before the U.S. Congress. A very large church made a widely circulated video based on our writings. Large companies have adjusted their advertising campaigns taking into consideration our expressed concerns. Regulators have contacted those they are supposed to regulate and have forced compliance. Major companies have made restitution once we bring their failure to light. Our goal is to get them to "do the right thing" and then take Legal Compliance, Ethics, & Morality more seriously. Some have had the courage to thank us for helping them to see their failures better. Our goal is NEVER to hurt or humiliate any business or individual.
Past Successes in getting companies to make amends and cease illegal / unethical actions include:
Green Mountain Energy
Veterans are being assisted with our help. The most recent was a 72 year old widow of a deceased 100% disabled Agent Orange Victim in Fort Worth, Texas, living on a fixed income, who we helped get all of the past two years property taxes refunded along with the waiver of all property taxes on her home in the future saving her thousands of dollars each year and allowing her to remain in her home. She had no idea that she qualified for this valuable benefit. We never charge for the assistance we provide.
We have heard from THOUSANDS of Americans who have found value to what we have been doing here since 2008.
If you would like to order the book, please drop us an e-mail here.
"Ameritianity" is proud to be able to assist Vietnam Veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange obtain the benefits they are entitled to. Our editor / writer served right there with you.
Do you know a Vietnam Veteran who is experiencing medical issues but is not being cared for by the Veterans Administration or receiving Disability Compensation? See the qualifying diseases and more helpful information HERE or call us at 214-394-8952.
Do you live in Texas and know a Veteran who is now 100% service connected disabled but may not know that they no longer have to pay Property Taxes in Texas. Send them HERE or call us at 214-394-8952.
Also, if you are or know the spouse of a deceased Veteran who may have died from a service connect injury, disease, or illness, they may also qualify. Many will qualify for a retroactive benefit including the reimbursement of taxes wrongfully collected.
While "Ameritianity" only works with Texas Veterans & Spouses relative to property taxes, other states may also have similar programs. Check with your states Veterans Associations.
The Best Place To Find Us- TWITTER
Click this text to start editing. This block is a basic combination of a title and a paragraph. Use it to welcome visitors to your website, or explain a product or service without using an image. Try keeping the paragraph short and breaking off the text-only areas of your page to keep your website interesting to visitors.